The Embassy of Israel in Greece and Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (ID-GC), a Greek organization established with the vision of creating an ecosystem that fosters and promotes innovative entrepreneurship, are glad to organize and announce a competition-event tailored for Greek start-uppers,the
“ISRAEL AT 70: INNOVATION AT ITS BEST 2018”competition, taking place on 10 July 2018 in Athens.
The winner will participate in a four-day professional delegation of Greek start-uppers in Israel, which includes visits to VCs, accelerators and companies, plus one day at the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival. The visit will take place on 2-6 September 2018.
You will have the amazing opportunity to learn from the startup ecosystem in Israel.
Who can apply?
- Greek startups focusing on technology.
- The team must have a prototype to present and to have proven itself already.
- The participants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and media attractive companies.
- An independent (not a subsidiary of a large and established) company.
- Winner must speak good English.
How do you apply?
- Fill out the application form, in English here:
- Note that only one founding member of a start-up company may submit the company to the competition.
- The winner will be the representative that entered the competition.
Do not miss the deadline!
- Applications must be submitted by Friday June 29, 2018 until 23:59 (Athens local time).
- We will announce the selected candidates for the pitching competition on July 5, 2018 personally and on our social media channels.
Who will evaluate you?
The jury will consist of professionals, investors and entrepreneurs from Greece and Israel.
When is the competition?
July 10, 2018 is the date of the “ISRAEL AT 70: INNOVATION AT ITS BEST 2018 competition”. The venue will soon be announced.
What’s the prize?
- The winner goes to Israel!
- The prize is a four-day/ four nights all expenses paid trip for the winner.
- The winner will participate in a startup delegation of Greek companies, consisting of a full program of visits to various aspects of the innovation ecosystem of Israel, including the DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival. www.dldtelaviv.com
What else do you need to know?
- Participants must be able to arrive in Israel no later than the evening of 2 September 2018 and leave no earlier than evening of 6 September 2018. If the winner cannot follow this schedule, the prize will be given to the runner-up.
- It is mandatory for the winner to follow the special 4-day program designed for them. Failure to do so will result in loss of privileges and will require reimbursement of all expenses by the winner.
- If other members of the winning start-up would like to join you at the DLD Festival only, their participation costs will be waived. They will have to bear all other costs and expenses.
- The organizers of the competition reserve the right to make the final decision.